A computer lab is important in every school to enhance the scientific and technological research and innovation capacity of every students. We in Advaith school facilitate and motivate our students from kindergarten to higher classes to utilize the advanced lab facility and the internet services provided, where the students not only learn their academic related topics, they also invest their free time in learning programming, automation and to improve their basic computer skills. Advaith School in Hosur offers fastest computers with diverse applications and fast internet to place our students ahead!
“Technology is changing the way people do things in every part of the world, and the sector continues to expand.”
For skill development and to practice what the teacher has taught in class, the students need computer lab, which is provided in our school for all the grades from K.G to XII.
The effective usage of computer lab results in the following benefits-
- They learn and improve their typing skills
- They practice math equations in Microsoft Excel
- They are encouraged to build their own websites and blogs
- Students do coding and can build a new educational applications
- They use document writing editing application to create notes and write articles
- Students learn to use internet in which they can pay fees online, they can join online classes, they participate in online competitions conducted by various educational institutions
- And most important thing is that all the students can learn the latest technologies such as artificial intelligence, robotics, data analytics, and cloud computing, and many others
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.”
— Benjamin Franklin
Robotics is gaining momentum in many schools worldwide. And in Advaith we provide teachers who has administer courses in this area and has advanced knowledge in programming and other skills. Today, advanced robotics continues to surprise those of us who couldn’t have fathomed the existence of AI bots like Sofia, Siri, Alexa, Cortana, and Google Assistant. But thanks to tech giants like Amazon, Microsoft, Apple, and others that continue to set the pace, this sector is something to marvel at. But these creations did not start yesterday. Here are some areas in which learning about robotics at school can benefit students.
- Educational robotics strengthen and support students’ skills developing their knowledgethrough the creation, design, assembly, and operation of robots.
- Children and young students find it funny and engaging because they feel free to interact directly with both electrical and mechanical processes and procedures.
- In fact, the programming can be too difficult and boring when learned through the “traditional” abstract method. On the contrary, by having to control a physical robot and seeing what goes wrong, students learn what robots can and can’t dowith an immediate experience and understanding.
- Not many fields of knowledge incorporate creativity and fun simultaneously. Studies have shown that robotics achieves both. In fact, students love to partake in activities in which they have full control, something that is possible with robotics. And when learners are able to do cool stuff, they want to develop more features.
- Hands-on learning activities enhance concentration and attention levels, because the more students learn physical skills, the more they want to continue being in the lesson.
- With advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, driverless cars, and spacecrafts taking shape every day, the present generation of students needs to be more prepared for technological changes than any before.
- As artificial intelligence becomes more prevalent in homes, schools, and offices, a little programming knowledge will help everyone understand how these bots work.
- Creating and programming bots is challenging. However, working through frustration helps students develop a never-give-up attitude. It imparts determination, which is crucial for any technological or scientific undertaking.
- Robotics incorporates a range of skills, and thus promotes a learning environment for people with different talents. If properly harnessed, it also promotes a culture of teamwork. It can even be used to help students who might struggle to learn in traditional classroom settings – for example, the ASK NAO robot was developed to help autistic students, and its main goal to bring everyone on board through modern educational-technology approaches in academia.
- Robots can be programmed to suit each individual need. Children with autism, for example, can be supported by robots in the learning of communication and social skills, interacting with special devices that adapt their answers and responses to students’ reactions. Students with developmental issues and attention disorders can take advantage of a constant companion, learning how to stay focused. The possibilities are endless.
- Robotics prepare students for the competitive workforce of tomorrow. By programming robots, students can discover if their aptitudes and interests correspond to those skills that will define the job market of the future, like programming, science technology or engineering.
- Working on a robot stimulates students to build their engineering intuition and emphasizes the meaningful problem-based learning through the integration and application of their knowledge. Strategic problem-solving, computational thinking, higher order thinking, logical and analytical reasoning: these are just a few examples of the abilities developed by educational robotics, abilities that will be fundamental in a lot of professional areas.
Advaithians embrace the latest skills and knowledge for effective teaching. That’s why we embrace robotics, which is breaking new ground in learning methodologies around the world.